Edward F. Travis
Graduated from the University of Alabama in 1969 with a B.S. Degree in Commerce and Business Administration with a Real Estate Major.
Ed received a master’s degree (MF) in Forest Resource Management from the School of Forestry and Environmental Studies at Duke University, Durham, NC. Completed Graduate courses in Silviculture, Fire Management, Forest Ecology, Forest Management, Business Aspects of Forestry and other related courses. He completed a Master’s Project for 8 hours of credit on the Valuation of Fractional Undivided Ownership Interests in Timberland, with his degree awarded in May, 1992.
Ed is an independent real estate broker licensed in Alabama and Mississippi specializing in rural land sales, forestry consulting and real estate appraisal. The firm is involved in complex land sales involving timberland, transitional properties and recreational property acquisitions, forest management and special appraisal and land and forest consulting projects.
Clients include forest industry, commercial banks, life insurance companies, local, state and federal governmental agencies, attorneys and others who require professional real estate consulting services and brokerage, forestry consulting services and timberland and rural property appraisal.
Real estate brokerage functions are conducted under Travis Timberlands as a DBA of Edward F. Travis Company, Inc. We specialize in insuring that our clients perform due diligence during the sale or acquisition phase of a purchase. We stress both internal and external factors that are often overlooked in land sales and property acquisitions. We represent both sellers and buyers and often are involved with the clients subsequent to a sale or acquisition in forest management operations. We have to do things right and our role often goes beyond the typical seller/buyer/broker relationship.
Forestry consulting services include timber sales, timber inventory design and implementation, timber appraisal, prescribed burning, land divisions, forest litigation support, long term timber lease analysis, due diligence studies, conservation easement planning and GPS-GIS services.
Edward F. Travis has earned professional designations in the leading appraisal organizations in America, while continuing to pursue interests including real estate sales and forestry consulting.
Licensing, Certifications and Memberships:
- Licensed Real Estate Broker -Travis Timberlands, States of Alabama and Mississippi, specializes in the sale of timberland & rural properties
- Certified General Real Property Appraiser
- State of Alabama Certificate Number G00210
- Member Association of Consulting Foresters of America (ACF)
- Alabama Registered Forester #1564
- Mississippi Registered Forester #1675
- Certified Wildland Firefighter II NWCG
- Former chairman and Board member of the Alabama Forest Resources Center (AFRC)
- Former Board Member SW Alabama Treasure Forest Association
- Former Alabama and Mississippi Burn Manager
- Past board member of the Alabama Forest Resource Center. Past Board Chairman 2002-2005.
- 1996 Chairman of the Alabama Division, Jubilee Chapter of the Society of American Foresters
- 2000-2002 Chairman of Alabama Chapter of ACF (Association of Consulting Foresters)
- Selected and served as an arbitrator in a complex timberland litigation case in Clarke County, Alabama in 2016
Ed enjoys many activities including spending time with family and especially grandchildren teaching them about the outdoors and all things wild. He also has a Labrador retriever that is his constant companion. Looking at land to sell, checking on logging operations or crossing a cold creek is something that these two enjoy together.
Ed is active in supporting veteran related organizations that do good things for veterans and their families who are in need.